The BRIDGES project is coming to an end on 30 July, and this will be the last newsletter we will send you. Nevertheless, all the products developed during these almost 3 years are at your disposal in the BRIDGES Virtual Laboratory, which will continue to operate so that all the activities, resources, exercises, courses and materials can continue to be applied in the pedagogical spaces in which you work and participate. You will also be able to keep in touch with us through the usual communication channels of the project. By way of recapitulation, we recall the main results of the BRIDGES project:
- The Virtual Lab, the main dissemination tool of the project, through which you can access and browse through all the pedagogical materials and activities created, while functioning as a digital and interactive repository of the project results.
- The Toolkit, which includes innovative strategies (concepts, exercises, activities…) developed together with activist and civil society groups to address structures of exclusion in higher and adult education.
- The open access training Course on “Anti-racist and feminist practices in higher education” for teachers and trainers who want to work with students on anti-racist education in the classroom.
- The Monograph, entitled “Dismantling walls, Building bridges: Creating feminist anti-racist alliances inside, outside and against universities”, an open access publication, written by the entire BRIDGES consortium, that explains the process of creating the project and the lessons learnt during these three years. It also includes a methodological guide on narrative productions, the methodology used to create the book.
With the project almost finished and the latest result (Monograph) about to be published, the BRIDGES team remains open to alliances, collaborations, exchanges and continuations of a process, that of the decolonisation of the university and education, which continues to be crucial and urgent in order to achieve greater levels of social and epistemic justice. In the first Newsletter we published, we explained how the BRIDGES methodology was based on building alliances and working together with marginalised groups in civil society, in order to incorporate the valuable experiences of people and organisations that receive, comprehend and fight against discrimination in higher education. In this last newsletter, we would like to insist on the importance of situated and embodied knowledge, and invite you to continue generating knowledge from the creation of alliances that help us to open up, shift, expand, question and diversify the meaning of university and higher education, its spaces, contents and the very ways of producing knowledge, from and for anyone. We will continue dismantling walls and building bridges!
In this newsletter:
- BRIDGES International Conference: “Dismantling Walls, Building Bridges: Feminist Anti-racist Alliances for a Radical Education”, 7th & 8th July, Barcelona
- Multiplier Event in Athens: “ABOLISHING BORDERS IN THE UNIVERSITY: A DISCUSSION WITH MEMBERS OF THE BRIDGES COLLECTIVE”. 16th June 2022
- Monograph: “Dismantling walls, building bridges: Creating antiracist feminist alliances within, outside, and against universities”
- Sindillar at “Casals Populars de La Bordeta” 2022
- The Feminist No Borders Summer School: 15-18 June 2022
- Za’atar’s participation in the 7th Network for Dialogue Meeting in Stockholm
- Za’atar celebrating the 2022 Athens Pride